Develop the world-class infrastructure to support our production software system and contribute to the DevOps culture that maintains it
- Build capacity with cloud hosting providers while analyzing performance and cost to align with company objectives
- Experience with cloud hosting through amazon, google app engine, heroku, rackspace or similar
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments
- Maintain inventory, versioning and applicable licenses
- Perform routine audits of systems and software; and installing software upgrades and security patches, and monitoring for intrusion signs;
- Troubleshoot any reported problems, and report issues to Quality Engineering/ Product Management
- Establish baselines for System capacity using load-balancing caching and queueing techniques for horizontally scaled systems
- Tracking system capacity (CPU, memory, disk space, etc.) and reporting issues to Quality Engineering/ Product Management
- Establishing the product baseline metrics for system performance/efficiency, formulating targets, and compiling recommendations on how to improve performance.
- Understand which processes are CPU, I/O or Network resource consuming tasks
- Understand that assumptions of system behaviour need quantitative proof
- University degree in math, computer science, engineering or applied science or applicable experience
- Internetworking guru
- Understanding of systems engineering methodology and practices
- Experience in the life cycle of software projects and products
- General Awesomeness
- Self starter and team contributor
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience coordinating effort with product management, software development, security, IT management, and customer service to resolve issues
- Aptitude for learning new technologies, as well as excellent conflict resolution and decision-making skills, as those will be crucial to the position.
Email your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
InNetwork is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
InNetwork – 1533 Barrington St Suite 302 Halifax, NS, Canada, B3J 1Z4