Why Influence Marketing is Hotter than Jennifer Lawrence
Do you read the tabloids? I don’t. But I still know that Jennifer Lawrence is the hottest thing in Hollywood right now!
In the past year, she’s won an Oscar for Best Actress in Silver Linings Playbook, been voted as one of the most beautiful women in the world by PEOPLE’s Magazine, and made Forbes list of highest paid actresses (#2, right after Angelina Jolie). And did you see her eyes? :) She’s all that everyone talks about!
Influence marketing has come to a point where you can’t ignore it anymore, just like Jennifer Lawrence. She has become a predominant player in Hollywood. People are talking about influencer marketing non-stop, positions are created to deal with outreach specifically, and significant budget is being invested in tools of the trade.
Lawrence is no longer seen as a low level actress and is given high priority and large budget films like Hunger Games and X-Men. Influencer marketing is no longer an “experiment,” it works, and if you’re not doing it already, you’re late to the game.
Here are some key stats on influence marketing:
- According to Technorati, in North America, the total on-line spend is $40 billion. 10% of that is in social media, and 6% of that is on influencers, which would put a market value of $240 million on Influencer Marketing. And this stat is growing
- According to a study by ArCompany and Sensei Marketing, 64.5% of marketing and PR professionals have adopted social influence campaigns in the past.
- More than 50% of marketing and PR professionals will be allocating budgets for influence marketing strategies.
- 74% of marketing and PR professionals will be deploying influence marketing campaigns in the next 12 months.
- 29% of consumers trust blogs the most over other digital communications.
- 56% of consumers are most influenced by retail sites, 34 % from brand sites, 31.1% from blogs, and 30.8% from Facebook.
- 86% of influencers blog, and more than 50% of them have multiple blogs.
- Brand advocates are 70% more likely to be seen as a good source of information by people around them.
Also, influence marketing is all people can talk about! Here are just a few articles people have written in the last 2 weeks!!!
- 8 Great Influencer Marketing Resources You Need to Read Now, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Influencer Outreach and Google PageRank: What Brands Need To Know, Ignite Social Media
- Social media influences fashion purchases, FashionUnited
- Jeff Bullas on Influencer Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- How Brands Can Create Long-Term Influencer Relationships, Ignite Social Media
- Why We Need More Partnerships Like the @Traackr and @Nimble One, Danny Brown
- Blogging for Pay: Should Brands Pay for Mentions?, SpinSucks
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It doesn’t even come close to all the articles written about influence (if you want to read more, check out this curration by Ron Sela)
Let’s just say that over the past 6 months, there’s been a major shift in the influence marketing industry. More brands are participating, more bloggers want to participate, and more people are talking about it.
So just like people are talking about Jennifer Lawrence, influence marketing is hot stuff!
Have you jumped on the influence marketing bandwagon yet? Don’t be scared to fall, because you’ll always get up and shine like a star. May the odds be ever in your favour!
If you’re interested in testing out the InNetwork platform, request a 30-day trial!